Friday 17 September 2010

I lost my damn shoes!

I mean literally lost them. These are not just any shoes, these are my sexy, black, comfy, business heels! It took me nothing less than 3 months to find them and when I did I just paid the 130 bucks no questions asked because when you find them you find them you know? So how did I lose them? On the way home last night I decided the busiest part of my journey home was over so I could afford to downgrade to the girl next door look which I did by changing the shoes over in a waiting room. I changed into slightly more chilled out flats and that was the last I remember until this morning when I was getting ready. I had my Friday outfit all planned should in case I bump into anyone (there are scores of hotties milling around where I work, think Wall Street with hunky black men done good)n then I reached for my shoes and horror of horrors, it was gone. I checked the usual places, under the bed, behind the door, everywhere but no luck. Then I realised they were just not anywhere at home, I must have left them in the damn waiting room. Of course being brand new, (I broke then out on Monday) some lucky cow with size 6 feet is getting to sashay in MY shoes!

I attempted somewhat half-heartedly to call the station and ask if anything had been handed in and of course nothing had... I mean I am not surprised, these shoes were hot and made for walking! If the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else then I am diving straight back in. This lunchtime, I will attempt to re-purchase these shoes, cost is not a factor, my entire fabulosity is resting on these shoes and with Mr Love Triangle in the building this is a risk I just cannot afford to take. If not for the fact that I am running late to work, I would have gone there first.

All I can say is thank God for my blog because I couldn't have gotten through today without telling someone and none of my friends would understand, they would be too busy telling me how careless I am as if I haven't been telling myself already so dear reader, this is our little secret but I thank you for sharing it with me. So distressed was I that I wrote this post on my BlackBerry so excuse the spelling mistakes and lack of formatting!!!!

I still managed to pull off a fab-ish look today in cropped trousers and a boyfriend cardigan but the shoes would have been the icing on the cake... Nearly @ work now, fingers crossed that they have my shoes in stock...

No comments:

Post a Comment