Saturday 25 September 2010

Saturday night.....

.... and I'm in bed at 21:38 hrs. I feel like a 100yrs old! Anyhoo, another week has gone by and it was a good week. No sign of Mr. Love Triangle, (Mr. LT) which means my misdemeanour from the last post either went unnoticed or he's choosing to ignore me which I must say I am grateful for because hey, as my friend says, I must stop living in my past and face my future. Speaking of which, I had a date with a guy I'll call Cute Geek. So I met CG some 3 weeks ago at a wedding, my bridezilla (almost) friend's wedding to be precise and we sort of hit it off. 


I found him so cute and sexy but geeky too which is always a plus in my books :) We hung out at the wedding for a bit but it was more out of necessity than pure desire as he was the best man and I was well, the best friend-ish of the bride. I am not sure if I talked about the wedding or mentioned him in previous posts but I probably didn't because I didn't want to start building hope where there wasn't really any. For starters he doesn't live here and actually we didn't swap numbers at the wedding.


Imagine my shock then, when I got a text from him yesterday asking how I was! I was like whoa, he actually took the time out to seek my number out and get in touch, this is so cool! I was just going to sort of ignore him and savour the text because again, I was afraid o wanting something so bad that I couldn't make do with whatever he had to offer but then my dear friend who i was having drinks with later took control and forced me to invite him out and go for a drink and lo and behold, he accepted.


So this is how, 2 hours later, i was sat across the table from him with a white wine spritzer in my hand. We had a great time just chatting and catching up on his holiday (like I said he doesn't live here) etc. I left him at 2am which was pretty surprising for a last minute hook up but I am guessing that means he enjoyed my company. But as I write, I realise that though last night was great, I don't think I can expect much more to come from it. It was a nice night but it's not going to be my winter romance or my husband so moving on swiftly......


I should change my number, getting phone calls and texts from boyfriends of 10yrs ago is really just not cool.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!! are you there...its been almost a year.I hope all is well

    ReplyDelete