Tuesday 17 August 2010

Does he want me or not?

So this guy at work is talking some strange talk and I have to wonder, does he want me or not? What do you think?


He wanders over to my desk at least 3 times a day
He asks me if I missed him when he's away from the office
He asks me if I would consider dating an atheist given my Christian beliefs
He looks at me with eyes that could melt butter but says nothing
He asked me if he would feature in this new blog I'm writing
He wants me to go to the movies with him sometime
He sent me a picture of him in non work clothes
He asked me to lunch with his friends
He sent me a text on my birthday at 10am on a Sunday!!!!


Yes, I know, I know but I guess I can't believe it because:


I'm black and he's not
I don't understand why he's not intimidated by my weave and my make up (which gets everywhere)
He hasn't asked me outright on a date
He has seen my Bible  in my bag and on my phone, is he not afraid?
He didn't invite me on his holiday which he is taking next week (ok extreme I know)


Why do we women look for love in all the wrong places? The light here is as green as green can be but


I can't let go of my fantasy of a strong black man
Even if he started going to church I would feel light years ahead of him having been a Christian for so long (over 15yrs) and I wont be able to resist correcting him and nagging him to pray in tongues
I worry over stuff like how he would run his fingers through my non existent hair
How will I indulge my penchant for non-english Nollywood?
Can he deal with my extended family and what they really think of people from his part of the world?


These, ladies, are precisely the reasons why I pray I don't die alone because if I have this much baggage is it any wonder I can't let love find me?


What do you think I should compromise on in list #2?


What would you compromise on if it were you?

2 comments:

  1. Dont compromise..remember bible says do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. dont get into the relationship with a mindset that he will become a christian. you cant change anyone but yourself.
    Let your heart be so deep and lost in God that if a man wants you, he will have to seek God first before he can get a piece of your heart...

    After all is said and done, holy spirit is the best teacher. take it to God in prayer just as you wrote on this blog and ask for a sign to know if you should go with him or not.. afterall if he is the one, God will cause your family to consider and love him, God owns everyone and has the ability to change them.
    P.s please dont get into something that will compromise your christian beliefs... it takes a long time to build godly character and just a slip to loose it all...think about this..hope i was helpful.tc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diamond,

    thanks you are very right! I don't have any intentions of following through at this time but I have not dated in years because of reasons like I outlined above and I was just wondering if I was being too narrow: he must be black, born again, tongue speaking, etc... Don't get me wrong, I definitely want to be with a Christian but to criticize another person's walk with God based on my own perceived (and terribly flawed I should add) relationship with Christ has cost me a few good opportunities so just wondering! We always want the people we ourselves don't have the discipline to be.

    ReplyDelete