Friday 20 August 2010

See me see trouble....

Woke up this morning to the announcement of the birth of twins by a friend(?) of mine. Good news right? Only this was the first time I had heard she was even pregnant and worse still, I spent a week in her house last Christmas!


Ok maybe she didn't know at that point but she contacted me on my birthday about 2 months ago and her husband even more bizarrely called me out of the blue about 4 weeks ago too. In fact when he called I was afraid because even though I am close to both of them, he had never called me on a random 1-2-1 like that before. I sensed at the time that he wanted to tell me something but he changed his mind whilst on the call, instead, he said he'd just called to say hello and see how I was... I thought that was strange but I shrugged it off.


Now this morning, they are announcing the birth of twins, I mean really, is it me or do I have a right to question what is really hood here? I have known this chick for over 9yrs and we lived together at one point. I was on her bridal train for goodness sakes. We don't live in the same town any more which is why I went to stay with them at Christmas but we try to stay in touch via, emails and phone calls. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying she should have called me minutes after peeing on the stick but how can you, in the middle of carrying twins, say Happy birthday to me and "forget" to mention that??????


Funny thing is, she did this the first time around with their first born. I was invited to her baby shower by another friend of hers and again at the time I didn't know she was pregnant. I put it down to first baby jitters and an oversight and she even apologised profusely at the time but now this? I just don't know. Is this toxic? Or just the way she has decided to live her life? I wonder, was I the only one in the dark (aside from family of course) or was there any other friend deemed good enough to hear this news?


I really don't know what this is all about or what exactly am I to do with the text? Go down there with an arm-load of gifts? For now, I have responded by text to say Congratulations! That's all I feel able to do for now. I am not sure where they want me in their lives so until I know for sure, I think I will just siddon look. Does this behaviour constitute a toxic friendship or not? She's ok all the other times but this twice in a row? Tough one....


*Update*
In case you wondered, I cancelled the date with SD on Thursday, I couldn't deal with foolishness two days in a row, but apparently a weekend is all I need to reset all my functions because I am meeting him on Tuesday now.

No comments:

Post a Comment