Thursday 19 August 2010

All is forgiven

At last! A happy tale (or two) in my life :)

So Bridezilla fired me unceremoniously a couple of days ago and I was really quite crushed as I'd gone to a lot of trouble to plan a great night for her despite difficult circumstances. Well, today she called me and apologised for the way she'd treated me, saying she felt bad and she knows that I worked hard for her. She admitted to being a bit selfish regarding her wedding day and wanting everything to go her way. She really apologised for both herself and even Madam Relaxation saying she has high blood pressure issues hence her avoiding me and not wanting to be stressed when we were planning.

Apologies are great especially when not coerced but come out of a desire tro respect the other party and a desire to pursue peace. I love it when apologies are made and graciously accepted, it enables both parties to move on and continue their friendship where they left off.  Remember I said she was borderline toxic, I guess  I wrote that because sometimes she'd really go off on one but every time she'd follow up with an apology. Given that she at least cares enough to fix issues, perhaps I should delete her from the Toxic list and move her into just friends... Is six years long enough to make this judgement call? Or do toxic friends always have that potential to hurt you no matter how dormant they lay, a bit like a volcano.is it once toxic always toxic?

These are my questions today. I got the job from this morning. I think I am going to take it. I just need to really reinforce my resolve not to entertain Mr Love Triangle on any level. As of the last time we saw, he stood in line behind me at a church function with his wife and kid and I ignored him. Thank God for sunglasses, that was the closest we'd come since that fateful day in February in Nigeria when in my frustration at our infatuation with one another, I mean here we were, 2 years on and he was still standing in my living room and he had hugged me a little too tightly. I asked what it was about me and why, if he 'loves' me so much wasn't I chosen? The answer came back short and direct - it was/is the sex.

Stunned, I showed him the door and that was it till that day in the church line. To reduce our 3.5yrs to those 3 letters was just one more insult I couldn't take. For what it's worth, I know that I know he was lying. It so wasn't just sex, it was so much more than that. You're probably thinking you fool, but I know what it was. I can never understand or explain why he said what he said but I know it wasn't just s-e-x.

No comments:

Post a Comment